Expose

Following on from a previous post this post is about an idea I had. My idea was to sign my art work but with a hidden signature.

This idea was inspired by two things. These two things consist of the interactive art I have previously posted an inspiration blog post about called Constable and more specifically the part named Xray created by a collaboration between the artist/designer Chris O’Shea and the Interactive/user experience design agency AllofUs. The second thing that inspired my idea was the way in which art created by great forgers who make fake versions of original pieces do it to such a high standard that they sign them with there own signature in some discrete way. This is of course risky but they are so proud of their work that on some level they want recognition of the skills it takes to produce something art this quality even if it is only a replica.


Analysis and design


From this I decided in theme with my piece of artI decided to sign My art work but I would sign it behind the art so that you would only see the signature If you interacted with the piece of art. I decided to do this through the use of processing.


Implementation 


my original code is here

PFont f;

f = createFont(“Arial”,16,true);

textFont(f,16);

text(“Callum Sulsh”,10,100);


Test


Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 19.20.05

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 19.18.38


Evaluate


I decided that I didn’t like this font, I wanted it to have a more authentic looking signature by this I mean a calligraphy style font.


Re-Design and Implementation


So I used this code

String[] fontList = PFont.list();
println(fontList);

To see all the available fonts and then I tried several fonts consisting of;

BernardMT-Condensed , HelveticaNeue-Medium and NuevaStd-BoldCondItalic


Testing


Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 19.33.37  Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 19.35.31  Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 19.39.23


Evaluate


Although the last one I tried I decided was the best font I had discovered was the best so far I was certain there would be one even more suitable. I also evaluated that it would be better if the font was positioned differently and the font size needed to be increased.


Re-Design and Implementation


Then I found the font BrushScriptStd so I tried that and I moved the font to the bottom right corner and increased the size.

f = createFont(“BrushScriptStd”,25,true);

textFont(f,25);

fill(255);

text(“Callum Sulsh”,600,550);


Testing


Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 19.50.43


Evaluate


I was happy with the outcome of this and I decided that this element of my interactive art piece had been completed.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s